Thursday, February 20, 2020

Finding Hope


Please support my fight against epilepsy!


An article that I’m sharing to combat the shame, silence and fear that often surrounds a diagnosis of epilepsy and/or seizure disorders.  Everyone’s experience of their illness is different and as human beings, our own self-understanding, individually and collectively, is unique.  Do not hide how you feel, how you see the world, how epilepsy and/or seizure disorder impacts your path on this Earth.  We are here to bear witness to the many roads we each take.  There is so much to learn from, to grow alongside, to hope for in each others’ presence.

I take a moment every day to think about what I’m grateful for.  My moods do shift a bit as a result of the medications yet I find that I can still commit myself to re-framing my circumstances in a more positive light.  I can offer to other members of this community that are suffering.  Our empathy can always be a benefit for other patients, and that itself can be healing.  Don’t ever give up.
For inspirational purposes, check this guy out!



No comments:

Post a Comment