Friday, March 20, 2020

Dedication

It’s been a month since my last post.  I do apologize - when the wave hit all of us, it took me a while to bounce back and find my center again.  The news headlines are of course all feeding our fears as we struggle to grapple with a reality a number of us have never fathomed before.

I’d like to gently remind all of us (as I have begun to remind myself these past few weeks) that now is the time for compassion.  There are a lot of suffering people out there and every single one of us can make a difference.  Respect the rules, keep yourself healthy for yourself and for others, and allow your inner voice to speak to you more.  Here in the U.S. we are being asked to sit still, and we are slowly coming to realize what that means.  In other places of the world, people have run from famine, from war and from long histories of disruption.  Let us not forget our fellow humans at this time.  Stress levels will be higher, and thus our commitment to respecting our own limitations will signify an openness to self-exploration and to embracing others’ perspectives.  Do not ignore the lesson that is in front of us.  We are a global community and our world needs to heal.  Be part of that journey, and stay safe.  The people at the front lines are counting on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment